Everyone knows I love a good snack! I recently grabbed these large whole grain crisps from the Jewish food section of the grocery store. It is just 60 calories for two of them. There are so many possibilities for these versatile and hearty snacks. This time I used 1/4 mashed avocado and then followed up with lemon juice, roughly chopped cilantro and basil, sea salt, and smoked paprika.
Definitely give this a try! I hope you’re having a fantastic week!
1. Ultimate Woman Vitamin: Packed with high doses of essential vitamins for women with a slow release formula. There is an Ultimate Man vitamin as well! You can find this at Vitamin Shoppe.
2. Light coconut milk: an excellent alternative to cow’s milk for cooking and eating cereal. I am not a fan of the taste of almond or soy. Very inexpensive.
3. Agave syrup: Though the grams of sugar are no less than honey, this is a low glycemic index food. Click here for more information.
4. Dorot chopped cilantro (frozen): Dorot sells basil, garlic, and more. Very convenient for soups this winter!
5. Rapunzel Vegan Bouillon Cubes: I have never used a vegan substitute that did not taste like warm celery juice! This one is delicious and I finally do not have to feel guilty for missing chicken broth!
6. Flax seed meal: Flax seeds are a miracle! Not only can you blend them in a smoothie and make hair gel, but you can also use the ground flaxseeds to make a vegan substitute for eggs. Just mix with water. It works wonders when I make homemade veggie burgers.
7. Savory Thins: This is a Trader Joe’s product. These delicious crackers are only 130 calories for 15 crackers. Their savory and nutty flavor make a great snack and can also be a part of a party platter.