Unfortunately in the winter months there are a lot more incidents of colds, flus and even pneumonia. I’ve provided my top tips for natural ways to get well and stay well. I hope this helps. Stay well, healthy bunnies!
I so enjoyed dinner with my vegan pal Joi! <3
Originally posted on Vegan Joy With Joi:
As most of you know, I am an always-on-the-go actress. After 10 days straight of waking up early to be on set, going back and fourth to auditions and taking care of errands in between, there has not been much time for a delicious home cooked meal! Yesterday after I finished filming a commercial, I made my way over to my friend FiFi’s. She is a vegetarian, a chef and an amazing & creative woman! I was so excited that we both could find time to relax together!
We chatted over sparkling Kombuchas by Kevita.
I had never tried that brand before and it was exciting to taste new flavors.
The flavors we had were Lemon Ginger, Apple Kale, Ginger, and Grapefruit.
Along with a Master Brew Kombucha.
I think my favorite was the grapefruit!
The Master Brew was so bomb because it was very strong just the way I like…
View original 281 more words
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When I start the morning with good choices, it is easier to follow throughout the day with more good choices. I’ve created 3 delicious and simple recipes that should suit you if you need something fast, or if you’ve got a little more time to treat yourself in the kitchen. Two out of the three recipes are completely vegan, and one includes eggs and leaves a lot of room for variation for your tastes.
I have created a mini frittata, smoothie, and avocado toast. I hope you will try out the recipes!
Is it just completed a very fulfilling yoga session for strength and weight loss, I’ve taken a moment to slow down and rest in this feeling and also get my body hydrated. Not only am I thankful for the quiet time to practice yoga, I’m thankful that I have such easy access to clean drinking water.
I see the constant reminders in social media for each of us in the first world who have Internet access and smart phones and computers to remember to stay hydrated. I cannot help but think about how fortunate I am to be here in the United States where the water is clean enough to drink directly from the tap and I’ve never gone a day without access to clean drinking water to cook, bathe, drink, frolic in at a swimming pool.
It’s funny how we need such a reminder for something that would be considered a luxury in many parts of the world. The majority of the world’s population is far below the poverty line and here I am with access to water and I rarely even think about it. So at this very moment, I am taking some time to think of how grateful I am to have water to use as I please.
Would you like to know more about clean drinking water? Here are a few sites:
Hey healthy bunnies!
Can you believe Thanksgiving is tomorrow?! The year seems to have flown by. I cannot wait for Christmas! I know with all that you may have going on, you may be short on time to prepare for the holiday. Here are my top 5 last minute Thanksgiving recipes. They are simple and yummy and can be done with a time crunch.
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Oranges with Sea Salt: http://bit.ly/1xS524y
- Pumpkin Pie: http://bit.ly/1AEoVx3
- Quinoa Cauliflower Mash: http://bit.ly/1tpjolf
- Stuffed Seitan Roast with Mushroom Gravy: http://bit.ly/1tpjuJx
- Five Cheese Mac and Cheese: http://bit.ly/1xS6nbi
Two weeks ago, I had the pleasure of participating in the FitFluence event at YouTube Space LA. I didn’t know exactly what to expect, but I knew it was for people with blogs and YouTube channels related to health and fitness. I was also looking forward to meeting up with some of my favorite youtube pals!
I arrived to the event about 45 minutes after it began and it was very lively. Lots of people mingling and talking, music, a ton of different foods to sample and try, and a great selection of vendors showcasing new products, all from organic or repurposed materials. There was yogurt, cold pressed juice, vegan protein, and healthy cocktails.
At around the halfway point, there was an awesome panel where popular youtube personalities shared about their experiences. They were so open, positive and energetic. I got a chance to meet Cassey Ho of Pop Pilates! She was so sweet.
Another highlight was meeting in person some of the lovely ladies I’ve collaborated with this year such as Cobi of Veggitorials, Whitney of EcoVeganGal, Gemma Stafford and of course my close pal Lainey of SimplyBakings.
Then, if that weren’t enough, we all scored these awesome bags from Kate Hudson’s fitness line called Fabletics and they were filled with awesome items!
Here are the items we received:
1. Makeup from Tart cosmetics
2. Protein bar from Exo
3. Keurig coffee
4. A workout headband from Onzie
5. A pouch from LeSportSac
6. A water bottle from LVFT
7. Muscle treatment products from NIP+
In addition to these items I got this super soft, high quality shirt from Kevita, the probiotic drink company.
I also got my phone armored up by ExoFab, a new company that makes sleek phone covers which are adhesive. What makes the covers unique is that the gel covers have a tacky finish so they stick to glass! Perfect for sticking to a glass or mirror surface for selfies or FaceTime. Mine isn’t as tacky as it was two weeks ago, however.
I had a lot of fun at the event. I can’t wait to attend another event at YouTube Space LA
I recently had the pleasure of traveling to Kauai. It was amazing and I want to share my top ten traveling tips as well as a vlog so you can see the beauty of this very country and warm island. Enjoy!
- Stay hydrated. The heat and humidity can really sneak up on you if you aren’t careful. I assume if you’re headed to Kauai, you’re planning on being outdoors and active. Stay safe by avoiding dehydration.
- Bring bug spray. The bugs really come out after it has been raining. Make sure you bring bug repellent, and try not to wear perfume or perfumed lotions.
- Bring your appetite. This may go without saying, but I really felt the dining was a big part of the experience. The portions everywhere we went were huge! I really enjoyed having breakfast at Living Foods Market. It is a great place to stock up on foods and snacks, particularly when you have a long outdoor adventure planned. The takeaway salads were my second favorite things after the breakfast! Here are my lemon ricotta blueberry pancakes. Simply divine!
- Prepare to be active. I believe the best that the city of Lihue, Kauai has to offer can only be experienced by being adventurous and going outdoors. We walked, hiked, swam, snorkeled and rafted. Try to sign up for a day tour if possible. You’ll see in my video, that we did a 6 hour rafting tour and it was beautiful! But, remember to take sea sick medication!
- Rent a car. Things are not very close together, and you will want freedom to roam the island. Just keep in mind the travel times, because I did not see a road or highway where the speed limit was above 50 miles per hour.
- Stay at a hotel walking distance to the beach. This is not a must, but I really loved that we stayed at a hotel on the beach. It’s a built-in hang out and such a lovely view. The Sheraton was a great price and we liked our room! Get a hotel that has a refrigerator and preferably a microwave. Those leftovers from meals come in handy after long hikes!
- Prepare to relax. This is not a place for fast-paced life. It’s been two weeks and I still feel peaceful and rest after my visit. It’s amazing. A few hours after landing on the island, I got used to waiting. Service is slow just about everywhere, but also people are kind and attentive for the most part.
- Allow for time to rest. The time difference is a bit of a beast and I did not expect it at all. If you’re going from Eastern time to Hawaii time, you may feel a bit thrown off by the time.
- Do not leave without visiting Waimea Canyon. Even if you aren’t in the mood for a 3 hour hike, you can still drive and stop at lookout points to see breath-taking views. It’s so worth it!
- Come with an open mind. While you’re still in the US, the way of life is slower and you may not be able to get some of the foods or accomodations you’re used to. I’m vegetarian, for instance. I had to be mindful when choosing where to dine, but there were plenty of places with an option for me. I also got creative and bought instant oatmeal and spoons and was able to make oatmeal in the hotel room using the heated water from the coffee pot. Also, bananas were an awesome on-the-go snack.
I hope you’ll also check out my vlog so you can see just how beautiful the country-side was. I know you must be wondering: would you go back? I certainly would, but there’s just too much of the world to see at this time!