I’m sure you have heard someone complain about Monday in some way, or maybe you have yourself. Usually the complaint is the weekend is too short, or that tiredness is an issue. Monday is 1/7 of every week for the rest of our lives, so the complaining kind of gets old!
How can we get to a place where we set ourselves up for success and start out the week strong? Not to worry–I’ve got some tips for you to make it a lot more bearable.
1. Start out with gratitude. Gratefulness is the best attitude changer ever. Wake up a little earlier and make a list of all you are grateful for and see how you set your day to receive abundance. Get creative with it! I am even grateful for things I have prayed for that are yet to happen.
2. Plan out your week. Devote a little time on Saturday or Sunday to set yourself up for success during the week. This could be any number of things–doing laundry, meal prepping, checking your email to make an action item list, etc.
The idea is to make life easier for yourself. Become your own executive assistant for a moment: what needs to be done, and what will it take to do it? I find the Wunderlist app to be extremely helpful for my action items list, while others may prefer pen and paper or sticky notes. Find a system you can can stick to, and be willing to change if it is no longer effective for you.
3. Eat a rockstar breakfast. You deserve it! Breakfast is still the most important meal of the day.
If you choose a meal that is vibrant, nourishing, and tasty– it can really boost your mood and give you energy. My go-to is often a smoothie, but it really depends on how much time I have. My breakfast favorites should give you some inspiration to make your own rockstar meal.
4. Listen to motivational podcasts. I honestly never thought I would turn into my dad and start listening to talk radio, but now as an adult I cannot get enough. I love listening to podcasts in the car or while getting ready, but I also listen during my work day too. Many shows can be very insightful for life improvement tips, or stimulating as they shed light on subjects in a new way. Have you listened to my podcast yet? I happen to have one about Mondays! Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/wonderfullymadepodcast/how-we-view-the-days-of-the-week-casual-friday
5. Pick out your outfit before you go to bed. Even if you plan to spend the day in yoga pants tomorrow, this can save you a ton of time.
Maybe you plan to exercise first thing in the morning. If you pick out your outfit ahead of time, you’ll recognize if your favorite workout pants for cycling are actually still dirty or if your favorite workout socks have been misplaced. There is nothing more annoying to me than spending a ridiculous amount if time trying to figure out what I will wear, yet I do care about style. What usually happens is I usually end up running late and my bedroom looks like a tornado hit it! I’ve got two hooks on the wall inside my closet, and I hang my outfit there so I am ready to go in the morning.
I hope you found these tips helpful. What tips do you have for making it a successful Monday?
Now, get out there and slay your Monday!