Hey healthy bunnies! 🐰 How is your week going? I have something to share with you– straight from the heart.
Lately I’ve been feeling like I suck– at basically everything. I can’t seem to perform the way I expect and in many ways I can’t seem to perform the way others expect. Have you ever been there?
I got thinking: what would I tell a client, a friend, or my sisters?
The truth is, sometimes we look at one failure as a total failure at life, when in the grand scheme of things, this moment is no more than an opportunity to learn or overcome.
I don’t know what you’re going through, but I can assure you, you don’t suck at life. Here’s why!
- You’re not finished. Maybe this moment isn’t going well, but you’re still breathing so you’re not done!
- You’re doing better than you think. A lot of times people who give us feedback, or even we who evaluate ourselves tend to focus on what needs to improve. Criticism as the sole focus makes it seem like we aren’t doing anything well, and it’s just not true.
- Does calling yourself a failure help you not fail!? Don’t think so, so stop.
- You’re valuable. You’re valuable to your environment, to people in your sphere, to those you have yet to meet, and most importantly– you’re valuable to God.
- You haven’t failed, you just discovered one more way that doesn’t work. You’re that much closer!
- You’re distracted. Take time to evaluate yourself and your performance, but never so much time that you stop, quit, wallow or get off course. Maybe right now you’re distracted, and need to gain focus. That can feel like failure.
- Maybe it’s not you that sucks– maybe it’s your circumstances. Stop claiming circumstances as your life! Circumstances are temporary. A sucky situation can make a great person. Develop character in this moment.
- Are you being authentic? If you don’t take the courage to be who God designed you to be– the very reason you were born, you will never be successful. I’m serious. Think of tools– they have a specific and ordained purpose, and when used properly they work. When used for other purposes outside of why they were created, working properly is no longer a sure thing. Be you.
- Reframe the story. A lot of times we say things that sound like “my life is in shambles” and that story we tell becomes the one we live. Tell the story you want to live!
- You. Don’t. Suck. You don’t suck, because that’s ridiculous. What kind of thing is that to say about a person like no other on earth before, and who will never be duplicated? What sort of thing is that to say about the next inventor, creator, teacher, lover, adventurer, inspirer, trail-blazer, or leader? It isn’t the sort of thing a great person says, and that’s just what you are. You’re unique, and great, and worth more than the bad day, week or year you may be having.
Change the way you view things. Change your attitude. Change the position of your faith.
You got this!