My latest mason jar salad for the series on my YouTube channel is a Mexican inspired quinoa and black bean salad. It’s got so much flavor with the peppers, cilantro, lime and more. The salad is vegetarian, yet still filling and hearty thanks to the black beans and quinoa which happens to be a complete protein!
You will need:
- 1 quart sized Mason jar
- Olive oil
- 1 lime
- Red wine vinegar
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- Cooked black beans
- Cooked quinoa
- Fresh salsa
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar, the juice of 1/2 lime, a dash of smoked paprika, oregano, and salt. Add to Mason jar first.
- Add bell pepper. Next add 1/2 cup of cooked black beans.
- Add 1 cup of quinoa which should be lightly salted.
- Next add 2 tablespoons of roughly chopped cilantro followed by 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh salsa.
- Last, add 1/4 cup cubed avocado. You can add a dash of sea salt oregano and lime to add additional flavor before closing mason jar to store.