I love all types of salads, but I think what makes or breaks them all is the salad dressing. It can be watery and bland, or full of flavor yet deadly when it comes to fat and calories. I believe my vegetarian version of the Nicoise salad is a balance of smooth and tangy flavor and healthy at the same time. I love the Nicoise salad because it isn’t as heavy on the greens, but instead has the heartiness from steamed potatoes and green beans, and is topped with the perfect dijon vinaigrette. You bunnies asked for more ideas for meal prepping, and I think this is a great one. This will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge and still taste amazing and fresh.
You will need:
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 cup steamed potatoes (I like using Yukon or red potatoes), cubed and lightly salted
- 1 cup French green beans, steamed, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 cup chopped kale or any leafy green
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 2 tbsp mined red onions
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- Mix 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper.
- In a 1 quart mason jar, first add salad dressing
- Next add potatoes, green beans, and kale.
- Next add egg, capers, red onion, chives.
- Seal your jar and refrigerate.
You can eat from the jar or pour into a bowl to enjoy.