The last video of the healthy hair series is by far the most important. What you put in your body as fuel is more significant than any number of shampoos or techniques to grow longer, healthier hair. Here is a video with my top nutrients for healthier and stronger hair as well as a delicious salad!
Salad Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tangelo (or orange), sectioned and peeled
- 2-3 cups shredded leafy greens
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 5-6 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Toss all salad ingredients except avocado. Whisk together salad dressing and then toss salad. Add avocado slices. Garnish with basil or cilantro and serve chilled or room temperature.