Who doesn’t love a good 3-day weekend? I know I do. I am looking forward to a little extra rest, and some time to catch up with family and friends. Many will be hosting or attending events throughout the weekend. I am providing you with some simple recipes that will help keep you from being the guest who brings the store-bought potato salad. 🙂
Here’s my top 10 list of things to make for your cookouts and barbecues.
1. Loaded Baked Potato Salad. Need I say more? And yes, a vegetarian just recommended that you eat bacon.
2. Deviled eggs. Deviled eggs are a great appetizer and for most– you cannot go wrong with eggs.
3. Easy Turkey Rollups. These are healthy, kid-friendly, full of protein, and they make a fantastic starter food.
4. White cake with lemon frosting. What’s a BBQ without a delicious dessert? Whether it is made as a cake or as cupcakes, this is a great treat to conclude festivities.
5. Barbecued Corn. An absolutely delicious and new way to eat barbecued corn. A must read!
6. Cucumber Melon Medley. Fruit salad is always a hit, but it’s nice to do something a little more unique. This will balance out all of the high protein barbecue foods, and keep you cool and hydrated.
7. Summer Sangria. You will need to make this about 4 hours in advance, but the recipe is surprisingly easy!
8. Quinoa & Seafood Greek Salad. This has been a huge hit at parties for me. It’s a nice refreshing salad, that is surprisingly hearty. Something about the lemon flavor is nice and light for hot weather.
9. Fresh Mex Salad. Here’s a salad that is Mexican-inspired. This will pair well with grilled shrimp or carne asada.
10. Carnitas. Do something different for the holiday! This recipe for slow cooked pork could pair well with any of the salads mentioned and may be something a little out of the box for your guests.
Guide to grilling beef and pork found here.
If you enjoyed this post, please visit the home page and subscribe (top right corner) for blog posts delivered right to your email!