I’ll admit it: I’m a creature of habit. When I think a certain food is delicious, I eat it repeatedly until I get sick of it. I’m just that way. When I hit Jamba Juice, I get the same two smoothies, and at some restaurants, I don’t even know what’s on the rest of the menu. I know what *I* came for. Something about owning a blender now, though…I’ve become a little more adventurous. I am on a mission to get proper nutrition, especially protein and calcium, which I lack. I picked up some protein powder from Trader Joe’s, and it has 25g of protein. The results were absolutely delicious! Now, for the actual smoothie.
- 1 serving of vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup frozen banana slices
- 1/8 avocado (more if you like)
- 1/4 light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, this is different from the aforementioned coconut milk, which is more like cream. You can use almond, soy, regular milk.
- 1.5 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of filtered water depending on thickness of smoothie
1. Place coconut milk, frozen fruit, protein powder and cinnamon in the blender on high setting. If you have any trouble acheiving smoothness, add a tad bit of water
2. Once ingredients are fairly well blended, leave the blender setting on high, remove the smaller top of your blender and add baby spinach in small handful until well blended.
*Yields about 12 to 14 flowing ounces
Calories:306 Protein: 29g Fat: 11g